Hot Water Heater Problems?
Got a problem with your hot water heater?
Can my hot water heater be repaired?
Yes, repairing a hot water heater is possible. If there is a leak, and it is something on the outside of the water heater, we can usually fix the leak. If the water heater is not getting hot, normally there are some components we can replace on the gas controls to fix that issue as well. Either way we can come out to provide a free estimate for repairs or replacement if you are in our local service area. If you do need a new water heater we can often do the replacement the same day once you approve the work. Call today (562) 242-3218 to schedule your appointment.
What does it cost to replace my hot water heater?
Replacement of a 40 gallon standard gas water heater is $1480, and a 50 gallon is $1580. Some upgrades may be needed to meet plumbing codes. That may mean some additional costs. But we always give you the prices before you commit to the work.
How do I know what size hot water heater to buy?
Your existing water heater is probably the right size for your home. However, we will help you decide about the size of your new hot water heater based on your home’s size and the amount of people living in the home.
What about the tankless hot water heaters?
Tankless water heaters are a great option for some customers. But, it can be a significant expense to convert from a tank to tankless water heater since there are some upgrades that are necessary in most cases. If you desire a quote for a tankless water heater we can send out a qualified technician to give you an estimate.
- Some of the benefits of tankless hot water heaters:
- Tankless hot water heaters are smaller than regular hot water heaters. Therefore, installing the tank in a smaller area is possible.
- Tankless hot water heaters last up to 20 years. A regular tank water heater can last 10 to 13 years.
- Tankless hot water heaters do not retain a tank full of hot water. As water flows through the heat exchanger coil in becomes hot and ready for instant use.
- A recirculating hot water system can provide continuous flow of hot water. These are called inline, on-demand, or instant hot water machines. Great for tea or instant coffee!
- Call the pros at Mitch Clemmons Plumbing serving La Habra, Anaheim, Fullerton and surrounding areas (562) 242-3218 to schedule your appointment.
Why does it take so long for hot water to get up to my shower and what can I do about it?
When hot water has to travel a long way through the pipes in the house the water can naturally cool. When the hot water finally arrives in your shower a lot of water has been wasted! A great solution is to install a hot water recirculating system. This will circulate the hot water in a loop between that fixture and the water heater, so that the fixture in question, and any fixtures in between that fixture and the water heater, will have hot water almost instantly.
What is involved in the installation and how long does it take?
A typical water heater replacement of a like-for-like water heater normally takes around 2-3 hours. Some can take a little longer, and some can go a little faster. In either case we use flat rate pricing, so you can count on the price not going up if the job takes longer for some reason.
Can I finance my new hot water heater?
We offer some very good financing options for plumbing services through Synchrony Financial. Please see our financing page here for details.
Should I wait and see if the hot water heater stops leaking?
No, don’t wait! If you have any problem with your hot water heater, call the professionals at Mitch Clemmons Plumbing. We serve residents in La Habra, Anaheim, Fullerton and the surrounding areas. Call us today! (562) 242-3218