Importance of Drain Cleaning in Long Beach CA: Best Tips
Drain Cleaning may not be the best job to conduct but it is vital for health safety and comfort. The point of having drains at home is to flush wastewater out. It makes the area a key location for mold and bacteria buildup.
In your kitchen, illness-causing germs in food, food particles, and other yucky stuff frequently get flushed down the pipes. In bathrooms, you wash your hands, brush your teeth, and bathe your body, letting the residual water wash away. If you don’t clean the areas regularly, these areas can get pretty mucky. Mold growth, buildup from oils, and germs thrive in moist environments. They can cause smells, appear unsightly, and cause a real health threat over time.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains?
You can ensure your drains stay fresh and clear of debris over time by adding drain cleaning Long Beach to your regular cleaning schedule. Flush drains once a week with boiling water to keep most mold and germ growth under control.
Best Tips for Drain Cleaning
- Cleaning for basic maintenance: Fill up a sink or tub with hot tap water or boiling water from a pot. Open the drain line to allow the water to fully work through the line instead of trickling down the path of least resistance. You can also use either baking soda or vinegar for added freshness.
- Clearing mold: In case you notice mold in your shower or bathroom pipe, scrub out the visible area using a drain brush and baking soda. Flush thoroughly with vinegar and then with hot water again.
- Clearing hair: Often hair buildup in drains will need the assistance of a professional plumber, especially if there is a significant buildup. Consider buying a drain strainer to prevent hair from clogging your drains. You can get it from your local home improvement or a big box store.
- Clearing blockages: In case hot water doesn’t seem to do the trick for clearing out minor blockages or getting rid of mold and bad odors, call a plumber. You could have a problem deeper in the line that needs to be examined. Don’t use chemical-filled products as they can sit above the blockage and rust your pipes, worsening the problem.
- Clearing food disposals: Food disposals can cause bad odors. To eliminate food disposals and odor, pour baking soda into the drain followed by some vinegar. Allow the solution to sit for some time before running very hot water down the drain.
By cleaning your drain regularly, you can successfully prevent the most common drain blockage and odor problems. Many experts recommend cleaning solutions, like baking soda and vinegar, for a 100% natural and environmentally-friendly solution.
Hire a Drain Cleaning Long Beach Professional
If you notice a lingering smell or a blockage that home remedies can’t fix, the professionals at Mitch Clemmons Plumbing can help you diagnose and fix drain issues and pipe blockages. We can also help fix leakages in pipes and install new drainage pipes. Get an appointment with one of our certified and reliable plumbers today. Call us at 562-362-3218!