It is not easy to spot a slab leak as they are not easily accessed nor can they be fixed manually. Here are some common signs to identify if your slab is leaking. It is also advisable to take the help of Slab Leak Detection professional to do the job for you.
Signs To Identify A Slab Leak Issue:
- Increased water and/or energy bills: Your water or energy bills will be substantially higher than usual. It will happen even though you haven’t been using any more water or electricity than you normally do.
- The odd sound of running water: If hear the sound of running water even after you turn off all the fixtures, it probably might be the sound of your slab leaking.
- Water pressure is low: In the case of a slab leak, the water will not flow strongly as it usually does. One strong and common reason for water pressure drop is a slab leak which a Slab Leak Detection professional can easily handle.
- The water heater has burnt out: A slab leak makes the water heater work extra hard much like a pump of a well. It can shorten its lifespan and you will have to replace your water heater.
- You notice puddles: When there is a slab leak, you will notice water puddles on your kitchen floor, bathroom or even the laundry room. You might also notice puddles or wet spots on the slab itself in cases where the broken pipe runs through underground or the garage.
It is not only indoors. If you notice puddles in the yard that haven’t come from the garden hose, you need a professional plumber to inspect the case.
- Floors are damaged and cracked: Damaged and cracked floors are major signs of slab leak which you should not let go unnoticed. You need to repair the leak quickly and also call in a general contractor to repair the floor to prevent further damage to your property.
- Hot Spots: When there is a leak in your hot water line, the concrete of the slab will heat up. It will make the slab warm and also warm the floors right above it.
Mitch Clemmons Plumbing: The Only Plumbing Service You Need
If you reside in Fullerton, La Habra, Brea or anywhere nearby, you can leave all your plumbing issues including slab leak issue in the experienced hands of Mitch Clemmons Plumbing. We have all the tools and expertise necessary to solve your plumbing issues. Give us a call today: (562) 247-4994!